Effective Date: Apr 22, 2022
1. What is the personal information that we collect?
Depending on how you choose to interact with Bigbenbookshop.com, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. (Please note that we do not collect your credit/debit card number or personal information when you make a payment, because we integrate Stripe as our payment processor. For questions regarding your transactions on our site, please consult your card-issuing bank for information.)We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with Bigbenbookshop.com, including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase, download, and other type of access, and your geographic location.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products and services, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
Depending on the Product used, we use Information to:
- meet our contractual commitments to users,
- administer accounts and respond to requests,
- maintain and improve the products and to develop new Products,
- provide information related to the products, including changes to the products,
- provide information we think users may find useful about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes,
- customize content supplied based on use of the products (e.g., study recommendations, supplemental content),
- track, evaluate, and analyze individual and aggregate use of the products and to share, publish, or otherwise publicize information, but not personal data, describing such use,
- provide recommendations or advertising for products and services that may be of interest to Users,
- prevent, investigate and deal with fraud, violation of intellectual property rights and other laws and unauthorized use of products or accounts,
4. How do we use your personal information?
If we share Information, including Personal Data, with third parties, we require the recipient to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, availability and data protection for such Personal Data, and we will never sell Information to any third party.
5. How do we protect personal information?
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create a Bigbenbookshop.com account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
6. Links to Other Websites
The Products may contain links or enable Users to link to third-party websites. These websites may have their own privacy, cookies and/or other policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies because we have no control over them.
7. Changes to this Policy
The information practices described in this Policy are current as of the effective date at the end of this document. Bigbenbookshop.com reserves the right to periodically update this policy at its discretion. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this page and are effective once posted. If you are concerned about how your information is used, bookmark this page and check back periodically.
8. Customer data cleanup
All customer data created over 90 days will be achieved to our local disk for server space optimization and security reason.
9. Don’t sell my personal information
According to California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), customers from California have right to request website to clear their personal information.
We seriously take cares of customer privacy, so all information we collect will only be used to improve your shopping experience. Once an order is fulfilled, every customer could ask us to clear every piece of information about him/her.
10. Email subscription
Unless you request to get regular newsletter from us, we won’t send you any unnecessary email. By default, you will only get order updates and customer support emails from our website.
11. Contact us